Saturday, November 2, 2019

#245 - Friday, November 1, 2019 - Lots of Little Problems

I set up when I got home, my Takahashi on my Celestron AVX, and then went inside and made dinner.  I checked on progress from my phone using TeamViewer, and I went out and refocused as the temperature dropped.  Before I went to bed, I watched M31 Andromeda Galaxy try to plate-solve, but it wasn't working for some reason.  I went outside to see if it was blocked or something, but everything looked fine. I re-added Mirach as an alignment star, but it still wouldn't go.  The scope thinks it's pointed at the right spot according to Cartes du Ciel.  I would have done more troublshooting, but I needed to sleep.

Despite that stumbling block, the sequence did complete, woot!  Although I still had a lot of problem frames.  Most of my Flaming Star Nebula images were streaked, as well as several of the M31 ones (apparently it did eventually plate solve), M42 Orion Nebula, being later in the night, was out of focus.  I poked around on AstroMart to see what was available as far as focusers go, and someone was selling just the controller and cable for $ was tempting....Technical Innovations (the maker of RoboFocus) still hasn't gotten back to me.  I haven't had time to call them though because of all the homework I have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment