Unfortunately, I’m writing this over a month later because I guess I never actually wrote this one. Let’s see what I can remember.
I got the new CGE Pro mount built, although lifting the mount head onto the equatorial section was very difficult. So the altitude adjustment works in two segments: less than 40 latitude, and greater than 40 latitude. You have to move a piece in order to switch between the two. We are at 39 degrees, so you’d think I could leave it on the less than 40 mode, but nope. I wasn’t quite able to reach the all-star polar alignment star, nor was I able to reach Polaris just doing it that way. It was close, but not quite, and I couldn’t turn the knob any further (it got super tight near the end). But I didn’t want to switch into the other mode since I would be in Texas the next week, so I decided to see how well I could do not polar aligned just with guiding. That didn’t work out so well. But it was worth a shot! And I made sure everything was able to talk to each other, and figured out how to build everything. So it was still a fruitful trip. And then I just left all the boxes in the car because it would have been too much of a pain in the butt to haul them back upstairs, just to haul them back down on Thursday night.
Post a Comment